Picture Links when creating an HTML page

gottimd

I create a report that takes pictures (jpg images) that are stored on my computer and inserts them into an excel spreadsheet. I then created a macro to create a webpage that gets sent to the main server to be displayed on the internet. However, when I do this, the place that I save the HTML report on my computer creates a file folder of the images that are in the report in my directories.

We are switching to a server with more space, and I wanted to upload the images to the server so these individual folders for my images aren't needed when I upload to the server, basically, it will pull directly from the server site where the images are stored.

Is there a way to pull the images down from the server through the macro, and be able to upload the file without the file folder created with all of the images? Right now my macro pulls from my C: drive, a place where the images are. Can a macro pull from the server site, the image, put it into my sheet so it can be uploaded without the duplication file folder created from my macro, and if so how?

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back