Pie Chart Question

TyeReece

Board Regular
I have a set of data. First column is date (first of the month), second column is a yes/no on whether or not something was returned. Is there a way to plot this as a pie or circle chart and format so that all the "yes" values are one color and all the "no" values are another (without changing each slice of the pie)? What I envision is a circle chart, much like a clock, with the dates on the outside and the color red for a month when something is not returned and green for when it is. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I'm certainly not a whiz with charts, but I think you'll need a table in the style of a pivot table (row and column headers, values in the body). If you have your months in the row headers and a Yes column header, you can do a formula for counting the number of Yes values for each month. That table should get you a better result.

Of course, you could just create a pivot table from your existing table and then create a pivot chart from the pivot table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back