Pivot - adding more alternatives

I have a problem here guys.

I have a worksheet that contains data from 7 different drop down lists.

One of these drop down lists is in 10 different columns. And another is in 6 different columns.
I would like to add all of them to my pivot table, to analyse the data collected from 526 different question forms.

How to do this?! :confused:

Or is there another, better way of doing this? Please help!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I think you'll have to give more information about what your data consists of, and what your pivottable will look like, and what you want to do with the pivottable.

Upvote 0
Information consists of age, location, sex of recipient, their job role, then 10 fields of their level of satisfaction with their job, and then 6 fields of what they feel can be different.

I would like the Pivot table, or something else that helpes me analyze it, can be changed to view a certain age group in a certain job role that is males from the eastern seaboard, and their level of satisfaction. As an example.

So i need a whole lot of different things that I can change, as I wish to view different compositions of variables.

Upvote 0
And does a pivottable of the data not give you that?

Upvote 0
Please keep in mind, when it comes to Excel, I am probably legaly retarted.:eek:

So far, I can only seem to add 3 different variables at a time. So I can see their age, where they are located, and wheter they are males of females. But not their level of satisfaction in the different areas of their work, their job role and so on....

Upvote 0
Another problem is that when I try to view it chart with columns, it seems like it doesn't want to give it any values. So instead of completely satisfied, I perhaps should have given it a value, like 5 down to 1 for not satisfied at all. But, I didn't do it the first time.

Please do NOT tell me I have du put all the data back in to a new sheet one by one....

Upvote 0
Can you actually show a sample of your data?

Upvote 0
Can you show me an example of what contents you have in what columns, without showing any actual personnel names ... use Fred Bloggs or whatever?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back