Pivot Chart drill down to see data set in one sheet only

bsharpgrooves

Office Version
  1. 2016
Hello
I've created a power pivot and a power chart off of it as seen below. I have a source table with various columns, etc. I would like to be able to see the data set when I double click (or click or mouse up, etc) on the series. When I double click I get I get "we can't drill down here."
I would like to see the details in a separate sheet called "DrillDown" (just like in this post here: https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/pivot-table-drilldown.190025/) without Excel creating new sheets everytime I would click on a series. Also my data set has lots of fields. I'd only want to display a select few columns vs the all the columns in the dataset if possible. I could possibly group the columns I want to see right at the beginning of my source table if that's easier (ie. column range).
The chart below is in a regular sheet alongside a few slicers which work well as connected filters.
I'm a newbie so I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

powerchart drill down.PNG

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I do not think drill down is available on PowerPivot Pivots (only 1K of items) and charts. Did you try "Quick Explore", which is available wit a mouse right click on the data series? Would that be useful?
1586853397796.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back