Pivot chart secondary axis

peterc16

I needed to chart 4 series of a pivot chart on a secondary axis. Whenever I click on one of the dropdowns to select or deselect items, the items on the secondary axis revert to the primary axis. Is there a way to prevent this?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
When doing the search to turn up the post I had worked the other day, this one also showed up. A lot of good stuff on this second one.

peterc16

I recorded a macro and when invoked it reapplies the formatting. Is there a way to invoke the macro automatically? Whenever a users selects a dropdown, makes a selection, and clickes ok the formatting is lost and the macro must be invoked. There are many series on the chart and users select the series they are interested in for analysis. Haveing to manually invoke the macro everytime they select a series or timeframe is inconvenient. Peter

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
You can just use the forms toolbar to drop a button on the chart and assign the reformatting macro to that button.

«OR»

If you are feeling particularly ambitious, you can read the 2<sup>nd</sup> link I provided. And if you follow that thread long enough, eventually you'll see that Jon offers up a link to an article he wrote ( http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 ). And that article is drop-dead sexy. It goes through how to trap all sorts of events on charts. Using Jon's recipes in that article, I'm sure you could cook up something that would work. Some day, I'll need to do exactly what you're trying to do now and then I'll make time to suss it out. But, alas, I fear I haven't the time today.

peterc16

I was able to use the chart events to run the macros every time the user clicks the OK button. It works great and the users are impressed. Thanks. You really know your stuff.
Peter

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kychemist00