Pivot Chart Slicers in Access

shaylynch

Board Regular
Hi All,
I'm a newbie to Access and I'm learning fast and enjoying it.. I've created a reporting tool in access where multiple users can report on issues in different areas of the business.. for reports i have created Pivot Charts and it works well however I was wondering can you attached Slicers to the charts as you can in Excel.

thanks in advance

Shay

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Unfortunately, Pivot Tables & Charts were deprecated in Access 2013, so you won't find any additional functionality.

You can easily use PowerPivot to link to your Access data in Excel where you do have Slicers. Or just query into Excel directly if your datasets aren't too big. I'd probably be thinking about that as a long-term solution anyway since if your organization upgrades you'll lose the current functionality anyway.

Upvote 0
Hi Smitty
thanks for your response, apologies for late response, I've only seen it now..
I will do that thanks, and what I'm going to do is link one of the tables in access to a table in excel and use that for the source data for the pivot charts. I have one question that you may be able to help, how can I get access to
1. Open the workbook on a specific sheet ie. the Chart Sheet - as in use a button with a macro
2. and in same macro, to refresh the data in the table so as it opens the pivot charts and table are refreshed

thanks again for your response

Shay

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back