Pivot Chart - Two Filters on Same Axis - or Retained Styles

wikex004

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I've tried a whole lot of different permutations of an admittedly fairly new thing for me in Excel: Pivot Charts.

I have monthly data for four different players in TWO categories: Homeruns and Stolen Bases.

Can I produce a chart, Pivot, combo, template or otherwise, that can filter:

• Players
  • classes of values (HR and SB) rather than each individual value. I want to look at SB or HR or Both---not SB by times it happened once, twice, three times and so on...
I want to associate a player's HRs and SBs as well as associate all the SBs, all the HRs. What's happening is the eight different entries (4 players SB and HR = 4x2=8) are the filter rather than the categories of -Player -SB or HR

I understand that Pivot Chart's have an issue of retaining styles through the different charts you filter through---I would've settled on just distinguishing the way SBs and HRs show up on the chart like the image below, but the style can't be maintained through the different charts/filters. Once the page refreshes when embeded the 1st style comes back---but I can't actually save any other single player chart filter in Excel without it undoing changes to the original...

1595916869219.png

1595917358066.png

What's the significance of what look like buttons at the top-left? Sum of HR/Sum of SB. If that could just filter between SB or HR or Both that'd be perfect. Instead, they're just kind of labels? But that's what a key is for. They are like the data itself. Just can't filter SB/HR AND Name. Just name and by month on the x axis, the latter of which I don't really want. Tried variations while creating pivot tables. Can a table be filtered by two different values in same axis (Name and SB or HR?) Is two filters like this possible? I'd think it's needed for anything like school and grades. Filter by student AND by subject with Quarter on the X axis like months is here... Retaining styles through "filters" is kind of required too.

I've tried about every variation of X and Y axis. Grouping and ordering by stat or player. Many different Pivot Tables to Pivot Charts. Regular Charts from pivot tables. Additionally is there a best way to embed Excel charts and iframes like this in HTML? Nothing shows up on hover except "PivotChart" for the whole chart when I embed via OneDrive. Responsiveness is being tricky as well, but that might just be me.

Thank you so much. Be well everybody!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I want Bonds' two scores (HR and SB) to stay orange, Canseco's green, etc as I filter through charts/player (top right). Currently, I can't retain that color style through each players' individual chart. That's a tough bug with Pivot Charts I've read.

I'd like to be able to see just dotted lines (SB) or bars (HRs) or both like this, as well as by player. Thank you!

Upvote 0
I've tried a few ways of categorizing scores by type (SB or HR). Would all of this be better done with a slicer? While still being a "embeddable" chart for the web.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back