Pivot Chart - X Axis issues

Mustafa Evans

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, hope you can help me, i have some data that i've created a pivot table and pivot chart for. The chart needs to show locations of patients with various Learning Difficulties. I have managed to the all of this, except for the x axis has an issue with the labels over writing each other.

The only was so far i can achieve a solution is to increase the size of the chart which then makes it too big. Am hoping to get a solution to "word wrap" the labels maybe.

1605269507939.png

The red arrow points to the issue i'm having.

The chart shows that there are a number of Dyslexia patients in "CSU, D, G, H, L & M" etc.

Hope you (someone) will be able to help me.

Many thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
You could try and rotate the text by 45 degrees or 90 degrees so they fit it or you could reduce the font size?

Upvote 0
Or perhaps make the Condition field show items with no data

Upvote 0
I need both as I am using multi level category labels.

1605280029112.png

1605280072478.png
1605280175128.png

Looking at the Alignment of the X Axis, the lower half is greyed out and may be a means to resolve my problem. I have tried reducing font and using the custom angle, but both only affect the "Location" data and not the Ailments data.

Any ideas .... Please

Upvote 0
You will have to select the 'Ailments' labels on the x-axis on the chart first, then hit CTRL+1 to open the format axis box - from here use the 'text layout' to move your labels around. You can also reduce the font size like you would normal font once you've selected the correct labels you want to edit

Upvote 0
Maybe not possible actually now that I've tried it myself, apologies - I'm not sure it is possible

Upvote 0
The multi level x axis are all bundled in the same selection and i can't see how to separate them, i can only seem to manipulate the location data only.

Can you point me to the "text layout" as i couldn't find that. Many thanks.

1605281696682.png

Upvote 0
If you select the option to show items with no data, you'd have more room for the text since there would be gaps for CSU, D, G, H, L and N in all the conditions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back