pivot chart

carson33

I have a spread sheet for tracking defects. When I make it a pivot chart, I am having a problem. Example: I have unit # 123. This unit may have 50 different defects that are each listed in 50 different rows. Bob is responsible for unit # 123. This goes on for many different units and many different responsible people. I am trying to find out averages per unit, but the pivot does not breakdown the units by individule numbers. So unit # 123 it counts fifty times, I want it to see that all fifty entries are for 1 unit. So I can tell that bob was judged on 1 unit and maybe someone else was judged on 2 units. So if I say average defects for bob, it can break down that bob worked on 1 unit (not fifty) for an average of 10 defects per unit and not an average of .00001 for the average of each row.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
sorry so slow, down with the flu

how can i show you my spreadsheet? I can try to describe it. Across the top I have the following;

Date,Week ,Uni#,Inspector,Department,Groupleader,Area,Problem,Defects

Then under each is the info I need. The problem is if groupleader 1 has had 5 units inspected and groupleader 2 has only had 2 units inspected, obviously groupleader 1 will have far more defects. Not sure how to average it out to average defects per unit.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back