Pivot Data Source Changes when emailed

jwtaylorii

I have a spreadsheet "pc816 post_pre call_mod March 2009" with pivot reports created and saved in a shared folder on the network. The reports work fine on the local network but when the spreadsheet is emailed the data source changes so that the reports will not update. Is there a way to keep the data source from changing on this file. Below is the example of the correct data source and then what the data source is when opening the file that has been emailed.

thanks,

The data source is 'Data'!$B$3:$AG$8000

'\DOCUME~1\Goughs\LOCALS~1\Temp\Documents and Settings\dispatch\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WDIVK9IF\[pc816 post_pre call_mod 030809[1].xls]Data'!$B$3:$AG$8000

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
How are you emailing the workbook? From within Excel or from Outlook (or some other mail app)?

Upvote 0
What I mean is, do you create a new email in Outlook and attach the file to it, or do you use the File-Send to-Mail recipient as attachment feature in Excel?

Upvote 0
Just re-read your initial post and I missed the fact that your pivot table appears to be getting its data from another workbook? In that case, since it can't find the drive that other workbook was on, it will default to the directory the workbook is being opened from - in this case, the user's temp folder.

Upvote 0
the pivot table is pulling from the same workbook but when it is emailed the sytax shows that it is a different workbook. I can't make sense of it. if the workbook is named

pc816 post_pre call_mod 030809

and then a user does a file>save as and renames the workbook to

pc816 post_pre call_mod March 2009

shouldn't the pivot table automatically adjust for the new name?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back