PIVOT - Duplicate Values

jfeagle

I have some data that I'm trying to figure out if this is even possible to accomplish with a pivot table. I've simplified the sample to hopefully be able to demonstrate what I'm hoping to do. So I have a list of sales and in some cases there are two officers responsible for the sale. So what I'd like to know is the number of prospects (this would be a duplicated total) and then the total of the sales (this would be the de-duplicate total). Is that possible to do utilizing one sheet of data pulled into one pivot table? In the past I've just been making a copy of the sheet and removing the duplicates that gives me the total sales, and then my other sheet gives me the total number of visits but I'm wondering if there is a way to accomplish this using one set of figures. Thanks so much for any help provided.

So In my example below the numbers I would like to see are 10 Prospects (each sales person went on 1 visit with each prospect) and $130 in sales

1576068258944.png

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
post link to an example of representative source data and expected result in shared Excel file. use OneDrive, GoogleDrive or any similar.

Upvote 0
maybe but I am not sure what you really want to achieve

ptsubt.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your attempted help, In my original message I put what I was hoping to expect as the results...

So In my example below the numbers I would like to see are 10 Prospects (each sales person went on 1 visit with each prospect) and $130 in sales

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back