Pivot help with table relationships

borolo222

Hi, I just started using Powerpivot for excel 2010 and I think it's very cool and handy.

I have this complex (at least for me) report that involves several tables done in normal pivot and works fine but i find it limited to what I want and it's hard to maintain due to the data sources.

The primary source is a .csv source that has approximately 80,000 rows and about 20 columns (for each month). The main columns are:
Client number
Client name
product code
container code
containers delivered
containers returned

In an excel file I have four tables, each with unique records that give me the city, container code group, country zone, and business unit, based on the main columns.

The business unit table has all the product codes and each has a corresponding business unit: IG or HH. However, one product code "3000" is the only code that belongs to IG business unit, but it also belongs to HH for some clients.
In the normal table I had a column with an IF statement that evaluated if the code is 3000, then it performed a lookup in another table that had the client numbers that have the product code assigned to them.

So in the normal pivot table i have sliders that filter by: country zone, business unit, city, conatiner code group and product. So if i choose product 3000 that is mainly for IG, I can see which clients for HH has them also. In powerpivot I'm stuck and don't know how to achieve this result.

Any ideas?

Hope I explained myself jeje.:)
Emilio

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Post your workbook with the four tables, and a sample csv file, not 80K rows, and I will see what I can knock up for you and explain it after.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealJoaquin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back