Pivot Slicers Backward Compatibility between Excel 2016 with Excel 2010

b00gied0n

Hi there,

I have a set of dynamic dashboards that are running from a set of pivot tables in version 2016. I sent the dashboards to my customer and they said they were not compatible with their Excel 2010. I tried the backward compatibility procedures that forces me to save my worksheet which is in .xlsx into the xls version from 2003. When I opened this new sheet, the problem is that my SLICERS in the front of my dashboard has all disappeared. A fellow analyst mentioned that this could be because the slicers werent invented yet in that earlier version. So I need help.

My objective: To share my workbook
My current problem: Slicers are missing when I make my worksheet backward compatible
Question 1: Using Excel still, how can I share my workbook with all the capabilities it requires including the graphs and the slicers and pivots and lookups without necessarily burdening the customer to upgrade to Excel 2016? I just need them to access the interface
Question 2: Can anyone recommend what's a platform that will allow me to show my dashboard, and for customers to interact with it that is not necessarily traditional excel. Again the limit is that it is a platform that doesn't burden my customers to buy the platform.

Thank you.

Don

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
.xls file format does not support slicers at all. They would probably work in 2013 just fine, but if your customer has 2010, the only option available is to update. Even Excel 2016 for Mac doesn't support slicers on charts or in Excel Tables, so it has to be Excel 2016 for Windows until the Mac version catches up. The features you want are not supported in the web version or mobile versions of Excel, either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back