Pivot Table and Chart with slicer

wesp15

Hey all,

I have created a pivot table and accompanying chart (not pivot) with slicers in order to filter on my data by defined criteria area. I currently have the data setup to display in a stacked bar chart on one y axis and a stacked area chart on another (See below). Unfortunately i am having some trouble with the data manipulation and i'm hoping someone can help:

1. For some reason when i use the slicers to filter the data the stacked column chart displays fine but the stacked area chart adds a "grand total" area that is misleading. This would be easy enough to turn off by removing the totals from the pivot table but i also want to add a total line on top of the other displays. (See the upper most grey area in chart 2)
  2. I am also having issues with the aforementioned 'Grand Total" display. Because the pivot table display shifts based on the slicers the chart is unable to maintain the releationship to the grand total column and it gets erased based on the filter. (See the removal of the total line in graph 2)

dsLW

Hopefully, my descriptions are clear. I'm happy to further elaborate if they are not. I'm also happy to provide the file if that would be of help.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back