Pivot table - Auto Formating Data in the Source Data Sheet

Rajagopalan VK

Friends,

I am using the pivot table to generate the Testcases for a Product based company. The Product is made up of same modules and the user needs to select from the combos in the pivot table for the target Test Cases to be generated in the seperate sheet (on selecting the grand summary)

For the purpose of the pivot table, i had created two additional columns with the filter values. Presenlty on selceting the grand total, the source data is listed in a new sheet with the formatting absent. :(

Questins

1) Is there an option present or macro to preserve the formating in the target sheet

2) And i need to delete the last two columns in the target test case sheet as it is not part of the required data.

Please let me know by mail also

rajagopalanv@jbsoftindia.com

Thanks in advance, :)
Rajagopalan VK

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
1.0 Assuming the the Target Sheet is the Pivot Report, U can use the optionds menu of Pivot Table and deselect the Autoformat options, then the Fprmat u saved for Pivot will be valid for the Diff combinations u'r User Generates
2.0 Point no. 2 Suggests that u are double Clicking the Grand Total, which populates the whole input data. if that is the case, then First option Doesnt HElp & u need to write a macro for that. may be other Board members can help for that

Regards

Arun Jhalani
SAP CO Consultant

Upvote 0
Re: Auto Formating Data in the Source Data Sheet

1.0 Assuming the the Target Sheet is the Pivot Report, U can use the optionds menu of Pivot Table and deselect the Autoformat options, then the Fprmat u saved for Pivot will be valid for the Diff combinations u'r User Generates

Re: If the user disables the Auto Format option in the Pivot table, the pivot table is set back to the initial state or font and color it was previously present in. I f iam wrong guess i would need more insight on the comment, as i have been working not much but only the basic function in excel.. :(

2.0 Point no. 2 Suggests that u are double Clicking the Grand Total, which populates the whole input data. if that is the case, then First option Doesnt HElp & u need to write a macro for that. may be other Board members can help for that

Re: That is true. On trying the same, i am faced with a complex arrayof merging and cell formating, which me with no idea of VB Programming dont have a clue as to how to achieve. :(

Thanks a lot. Please let me know how to do it, as it would enhance the productivity of the test case generator.
:(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back