Pivot Table calulations based on results in the Pivot Table

BaconMcSandwich

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I'm trying to add some calcualtions to my Pivot Table to calculate the % of enquiries converted to deals. I can easily add this outside the pivot table but as the number of rows will change in the live data I'm looking it add it to the table so that I can add formatting and don't have random formula's lying around.

The only success I've had is adding a column that relates to the "Number" in the raw data but it alwas Sum's it regardless of what formula I add in.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 1665405253518.png
    1665405253518.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
you should be able to insert a calculated field that figures the number of deals / number of enquires.
1665412367386.png

then value field settings- number format- percentage
1665412449042.png

this worked for me.
let me know if still having issues.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Cheers for the response. It's got me close but not quite working. (And I really hope this explanation is going to makes sense)
When I try and insert the formula based on my data/Pivot table Excel gets grumpy asking me, am i sure I'm inserting my formula properly and a helpful box explaining how formulas work🙄.

When I've calculated the value for "deals" its though the normal pivot table analysis and a count of records. When I go into "Insert Calculated Field" I have two fields, the Make and Number (Column headings from my source table).

Looking at the screen shot for your "insert calculation" you have 3 fields, Make, Deals and Enquiries. How have you got that "deals" field as a field you can use as a calculation?

(I think that's the step im missing as I suspect mine is going wrong as Excel is looking at "make" as a text field so can't do calculations on it, you have the totals a seperate field with numbers so Excel can do calculations on it)

Upvote 0
I've Changed the Image slightly to show where I'm at and removed the tidying up of the column headings in the pivot table if that helps figure out where I'm going wrong.

Attachments

• 1665439366608.png
    1665439366608.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
to make it work i added a helper row. (sorry thought it was in the screen shots i shared before). if you are able to add this, it'll make it much easier.
1665491167672.png

----------------
Book1
ABC
1makeenquiriesdeals
2make1154
3make2202
4make396
5make1154
6make2202
7make396
8make1154
9make396
10make396
11make396
12make1154
13make396
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2:C13C2=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$13,A2)

Upvote 0
Hi, Sorry for not getting back to you. I'm afraid that won't work with my live data as my live data is generated using powerquery to merge multiple tables from multople sheets together.

Cheers though,

Upvote 0
You need to use the data model. You can't use a count field result in a calculated field in a regular pivot table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back