Pivot Table/chart Formatting

EIMS

Every time I change the formatting for a pivot table and corresponding pivot chart it reverts back to the original format when I re-open and refresh the workbook. How can I preserve the formatting I choose for a pivot table and chart?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

SydneyGeek

MrExcel MVP
Hi EIMS,

are you referring to number formatting, or something else? If it's number formatting, you can fix that by right-clicking on a field header and picking Field Settings, then Number. Adjust to suit, save the file and you should be done.

Denis

tusharm

MrExcel MVP
XL "remembers" a very limited amount of PivotTable/chart formatting choices such as the item mentioned by Denis. For the most part, however, it returns everything to the default format. I believe there is a MSKB article on the subject. The bottom line is that the only way to have the format be as you want is to use a VBA macro that does the needful.

Every time I change the formatting for a pivot table and corresponding pivot chart it reverts back to the original format when I re-open and refresh the workbook. How can I preserve the formatting I choose for a pivot table and chart?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelGlenn