Pivot Table combining several tabs

sstorm

Board Regular
Good Afternoon. I am attempting to create a pivot table using 4 columns from 5 different tabs. I have created pivot tables before using one tab and they are pretty easy. However, I have been working on this for over an hour and I am getting nowhere. Can someone tell me how to put all five tabs into one pivot table? The columns are all in the same order on each tab. They are as follows: System, Management Area, Schedule Date, WO Type. I want the pivot table to have System and Management area on the left side, date on the top row and counting the number of WO Types. Any ideas? Thanks!

Stac

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
In step 1 of the wizard, select Multiple consolidation ranges, then follow the prompts.

Upvote 0
This might help you, but it involves Access.

You can link those tabs into Access via the link table option. This will keep the data uptodate (once the Excel spreadhsheet is saved the database is updated).

Then create a Union Query. Example;

UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Table1
UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Table2
UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Table3
UNION ALL Select *
FROM Table4;

Then make a query of the union query. Excel can't read a Union queries code, so you have to put into a regular query form.

Then link your pivot table to the Access query. All of your data will now be under one header.

Upvote 0
Sean, interesting idea. I'll keep that in my pocket should I ever need it.

Bob, (a) welcome, I'd seen your profile in Colo's Cell Masters; hadn't seen too many posts from you 'round these parts, (b) and maybe I'm just paranoid, but I generally advise folks that post an e-mail addy to replace the @ with text or something like: first.last[at]domain.com so that the dread 'bots don't grab yer addy and spam ya into an asylum.

Upvote 0
Hi, Greg, thanks for the heads up re "@" -- I'm not paranoid, but maybe I will change it!
I usually hang out at PEACH-G&L lists, or Microsoft, or AllExperts. I'll be here more often!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeCricketId

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back