Pivot Table Count Question

dixiebritt

Board Regular
Customer Name
Wk1wk2wk3wk4wk5wk6wk7wk8wk9wk10wk11wk12wk13Qtr total
Pipeline 88890089001000010000=IF(SUM(B2:N2)-0,"",SUM(B2:N2)
Well 2028
Well 57831000010000=IF(SUM(B2:N2)-0,"",SUM(B2:N2)

<tbody style="box-sizing: inherit; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: top; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; text-size-adjust: none;">
</tbody>

[FONT=&quot]This mock spreadsheet is an example of what I am running currently, with the formula in Qtr Total, the way i have it set. I want the cell to remain "blank" if there was no billing in Wks of the quarter. With that said, I have a pivot table, where I want to count the number of billed clients for the Quarter. If we use this as my example and run the pivot table counting the number of billed clients, the result is still showing 3. is there a way to prevent this from only counting those clients who had billing numbers? [/FONT]

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
What I notice is, you're trying to count the number of Customer Names that have sales > $0.00. I would think that you would want your Qtr Total column to be the sum of Wk1 through Wk 13. With that in mind, I did this. Does this work for you?

Qtr total
Calc
Formula
Count
Formula
=IF(SUM(B2:N2)-0,"",SUM(B2:N2)
$ 37,800.00
=SUM(B2:N2)
$ -
=IF(SUM(B2:N2)-0,"",SUM(B2:N2)
$ 20,000.00
=COUNTIF(P2:P4,"<>0")

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
because my data is so large - will the pivot table not extract this data? or do i need to use the COUNTIF formula?

Upvote 0
The answer depends on the need really. If you need to display the week over week billing, then the format you have, with the CountIF is probably the best option. If you only need to show the Clients Billed and Total Billed, then I would do a Pivot table, with a cell above it that shows the count.

Count of Billed Clients
Row Labels
Sum of Calc
Pipeline 88
$ 37,800.00
Well 2028
$ -
Well 5783
$ 20,000.00
Grand Total
$ 57,800.00

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Thank you. I figured out my issue int he pivot table. but this works too, if i wanted to incorporate it on the document. thank you again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back