[Pivot Table] Counting multiple column

eyz4eva

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I made a simple excel sheet to store my order data.

The number of products is less than 10, but customers can sometimes order 4 to 5 different items with different quantity.

Name | Address | Contact | Product | Price | Qty | Sub-total | Product2 | Price2 | Qty2 | Sub-total2 | Product3 | Price3 | Qty3 | Sub-total3 | >>> Total

At the end of the day, I would like to tabulate the number of each products that had been sold, however, I was unable to generate a pivot table showing the quantity that each product had been sold.

When I tried to do a pivot table,

row - product, Product2, product3
value - qty, qty2, qty3

it gave me some weird table.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810_232502.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810_232502.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Ok, after going through the forum, I was able to get the tabulated qty by using sumif(product) + sumif(products) + sumif(Product3) ........

Upvote 0
Any solution?

I realised that the function sumif is not a viable solution in future, as the no. of product list get longer.

a pivot table will be more convenient as I can omit products that are not selected.

Upvote 0
Can your sheet layout be changed? It is not ideal for reporting generally, and definitely not for a pivot table. Ideally you'd want just Name, Address, Product, Price and Quantity, with multiple rows for any customer that buys multiple products.

Upvote 0
Can your sheet layout be changed? It is not ideal for reporting generally, and definitely not for a pivot table. Ideally you'd want just Name, Address, Product, Price and Quantity, with multiple rows for any customer that buys multiple products.

yes, I can but change to what format?

can you guide me?

I'm a novice in excel.

Upvote 0
As I said, you'd just have columns for Name, Product, Price and quantity (I'd suggest storing name and address in a separate reference table rather than repeating the address for each row, unless you can have different addresses for a customer).

Upvote 0
As I said, you'd just have columns for Name, Product, Price and quantity (I'd suggest storing name and address in a separate reference table rather than repeating the address for each row, unless you can have different addresses for a customer).

ok, I got what you mean.

so if for example, a customer order 3 products, product A - 5, product B - 3, products C - 2

it will be something like

Name / Product A / 5 / 50
Name / Product B / 3 / 15
Name / Product C / 2 / 16

there will be a problem for me, because I am using the single row data to generate order label with name, address, products, qty and price in Microsoft word for printing.

I'm not sure how to resolve this.

Upvote 0
You can produce your current data from the revised layout, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DumbFinanceBro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back