Pivot table counts inaccurate

dd14

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, new to the forums - I'm not sure what's going on with this seemingly simple excel pivot table.

This file has about 500 rows (with some date columns - formatted correctly as date). The file is shared across multiple users in a teams channel.
This data is summarized into standard pivot tables (all build on the same cache - created the first pivot table, and then copy/pasted to create the other views)
The pivot tables are fairly straightforward - name of user in rows, date (year/month) in columns, and count of record-ID in values - the different tables just change the date field in the column

See example in image (not actual data).

It has been working fine for the past month or two. One of the users noticed that the numbers didn't look right. As in, the count (values) was inaccurate. I reminded them to refresh, and they had already done that. I then refreshed, and then, double clicked on one of the incorrect values to see the resulting rows, and the sheet that popped up showed the correct number of rows. But the pivot table still showed the wrong number of rows.

I ended up removing the date and value from the pivot table design, and added it back in, and it seems to now be fixed - but I'm concerned that this will happened again unless I figure out the root cause.

Anybody seem this happen before? and if so, any fix?

Attachments

• 2022-02-28_09-57-44.png
    2022-02-28_09-57-44.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 30

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Does any data get added to the original data - that is, are there any extra rows beyond what you had chosen as the source range for the PivotTable?

Upvote 0
It eventually will get new rows added to the source table - but this was not the case here. Also, to fix it, I didn't really change the pivot table source - I just removed the columns/values, and re-added them (left rows in there), and it got fixed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back