Pivot Table Field Not on spreadsheet?

marylynn

Board Regular
Hello, I'm at a new work assignment and location. I inherited a spreadsheet that has a pivot table with a field named "Time2". The choices are the 12 available 2-hour increments possible around the clock, e.g., 12 AM - 2 AM, 2 AM - 4 AM, 4 AM - 6 AM, etc. all the way through 10 PM - 12 AM.

The spreadsheet only has another field/column called "Time", but the fields can be any given time around the clock.

So the times in TIME2 are groupings of times, so that the frequency of occurrences can be categorized by these 12 time increments.

The mystery to me is - I don't see the "Time2" column anywhere on the spreadsheet. Also, if I "double-click" the pivot table to expand the records it is pulling from, I still don't see these 12 2-hour increment fields.

Where is "Time2" hiding?

How was "Time2" created?

Thank you.

:confused:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was already set up to be notified when I receive a posted response to thread, but it is not working.

I have looked for a "hidden worksheet" or hidden rows or columns, and I'ms still confused as to how the field got to these pivot tables, unless they came from another spreadsheet that is no longer linked to this one?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
to look for calculated field in pivot table: right click on pivot table>>select formula>>select calculated field>>look for name TIME2 in the list and its formula.

Try that...if it doesnt work out then may be it came from another workbook that is no longer linked to this one

Upvote 0
Thanks for writing. I don't always get to work on this project every day, so I apologize for the delay in responding.

I have version 2003 of Excel. When I right-click on pivot table, the quick menu does not have any choice for "Formula." It only has these choices (no matter where inside the pivot table I right-click):

Format Cells / Pivot Chart / Pivot Table Wizard / Refresh Data
Hide, Select / Group & Show Detail / Order
Field Settings / Table Options / Hide Pivot Table Toolbar / Show Field List

I have looked under these menus, and I don't see anything about a choice of "Formula" - Even if "Time2" came from another workbook, should I still have the "Formula" choice for version 2003?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
on the pivot table toolbar there click on the first icon "PivotTable" drop-down, there is "Formulas" -- Calculated Field. Click the drop-down name and see if the Time2 is listed

Upvote 0
Yep, that's where it is.
"Time2" is there, but the Field Name is "Field1" and the Formula is "= 0" just like all the other regular fields.

Also, the "Solve Order" box is blank.

Anything else I can do?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
you have to select the Time2 from the drop-down name box, then it will show you the calculation

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back