Pivot Table Filter Connections

EpicDave

I have a few workbooks that have more than 20 pivot tables each workbook and are pretty much a compared from week to week thing. It really has nothing to do with the question. To save space on my workbook I copy the worksheets with the pivot tables in them and move them to a new workbook without the tab with the data on it. It saves me about half the space to separate from the original data. The problem is that when I move the pivot tables to a new workbook it removes the filter connections to my slicers on the first worksheet so I have to go in and check the boxes again. Is there a way to lock the filter connections so when I move the pivot tables to a new workbook it keeps the filter connection. If not is there a way to lower the size of my worksheets to where I don't have to move the workbooks. I am already saving it as a binary workbook and that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back