Pivot Table Filter - How can I filter out zero values within my uniquely formatted table?

dougemac

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I tried seeking help earlier but struggled at explaining what I'm trying to accomplish. In an effort to simply my issue, I've relabeled my pivot table to represent sport statistics. It's not the best example but I'll try.

Below is an image of my pivot table where I am trying to display player statistics such as goals, assists, blocks, fouls, & checks for players for 8 games. How I want this to be displayed is as a list instead of a table which is has all games grouped under each statistic like you see in the screenshot (Why? It makes more sense for my actual purpose for the table).
What I want to do now is filter out all the games that don't have a value next to it. If player 1 (or student 1) doesn't have any assists in games 2,3,4,5,7, or 8, I don't want them displayed in the table. I've tried using a simple heading filter but it only filters out the zero value rows from the first group/ statistic "goals." I've tried putting the statistics also in the filters section of the PivotTable Fields. When I do this and try filter out zeros under the "goals" section, it does filter out the games with zero values in that section, but it also removes those games from all the other sections even though that player might have non-zero values for assists, blocks, etc. in those games.
Finally I've played around with Power Query but that won't let me filter between players quickly when I put in a splicer.
Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 9.26.49 PM.jpg

Here is a link to my workbook if you'd like to play around with it: Example.xlsx
Thanks in advance for any effort you make towards problem solving this. Sorry for having picky format.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back