Pivot Table Filter Not Refreshing. No posted ‘solutions’ that I've found work.

Mark03049

I have a date filter problem with a Pivot Table in a spreadsheet with Excel2010.

I have rows filtered on transaction dates. It appears that the pivot table’s date filters are stuck: I cannot see new data pasted into the pivot table’s source data range.

I verified that the pivot table data source is the entire tab sheet in this work book: ‘DataViewDump’!$A:$AT

You can see that it does not reference another spreadsheet and there are no hard coded row limitations.

This version of the workbook was created on 11/22/2016.

When I click on my transaction date’s filter, it shows
Select all
+2016
<1/2/2016
>11/22/2016

No matter what I clear or check, I don’t see transactions that I have verified are now present in the pivot table’s data source range. I’ve refreshed and refreshed all dozens of times.

I’ve right clicked PivotTable Options>Data>Retain items deleted from the data source/Number of items to retain per field: = both none & automatic.

Are there any other settings that I am unaware of how to find that would make this filter persistent?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
It seems to me that any date would fit into one of those three categories. If you need different detail levels you need to redo the field grouping.

Upvote 0
External links to blame…

I sent a coworker the file. He clicked refresh and it worked. No gymnastics required.

We have concluded that the refresh command in my instance of Excel was not working.
I rebooted my machine but it still had the same issue.

I logged into another machine and had no problem refreshing the pivot table…

The key clue was that he got a notice that about external links being updated, and when I logged onto another machine, I saw the same notice and the refresh worked.

External links are certainly a plausible cause of this behavior, but they were related to another pivot table on a different tab sheet pointing to an unrelated tab sheet in an old version of this file. I deleted it from the workbook and the issue was resolved.

For some reason, although 2nd pivot table appears completely unrelated to the 1st pivot table when refreshing, they were somehow linked. Maybe I missed something, but I don't see it.

At least we figured the source of the problem.

Thanks for looking at this.

Upvote 0
Rory... Whoops nube error. I thought my response to your suggestion that we regroup the date data would get nested. Doh! :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelhelp12345

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back