Pivot Table Filter Question

sunrise06

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a pivot table of Names in the ROWS section and Groups in the COLUMNS section with the VALUES counting the number of Names. In my groups there are 3 categories, A, B, or C. Let assume I have 10 names but only 8 of them are in Group A. If I filter for just Group A, it shows me the 8 names.

MY QUESTION - Is there a way to keep all 10 names displayed so I can see who is and who is not a member of Group A?

Yes, I can NOT apply a filter and see all of the names in each of the groups but would prefer to be able to see, in this example, just Group A with all of the name whether in that Group or not.

THANKS!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Right-click the row field Names, and choose Field Settings, then on the Layout and Print tab, check the 'Show items with no data' option.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the prompt response. That would work great except I did not mention that that I also have a filter in the FILTERS section and your suggestion appears to now ignore that filter. For that filter lets assume it is the Owner's Name. Rather than listing only those under that owner, it is no including everyone. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
No, it's an all or nothing option.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back