pivot table filter

deck-b

Hi All

Is it possible to arrange a pivot table filter horizontally rather than vertically?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
No, i just want to rearrange the actual filter box horizontally across the top of the pivot table

Upvote 0
No, i just want to rearrange the actual filter box horizontally across the top of the pivot table

I think what you are saying is that you want to filter your horizontal categories (values). This can be done with the pivot table set up normally through the little drop down box next to Row Labels. Check out Value Filters.

Upvote 0
No, i have 10 fields in the filter box, these are using up 10 rows of my page. Can i move reposition these fields horizontally across the top of the sheets so that they wont use 10 rows of the page?

Upvote 0
No, i have 10 fields in the filter box, these are using up 10 rows of my page. Can i move reposition these fields horizontally across the top of the sheets so that they wont use 10 rows of the page?

Oh I understand. You have 10 fields in the Report Filter box of the Pivot Table Field List and that is taking up 10 rows above your Pivot Table.

Read this towards the bottom http://www.contextures.com/Excel-Pivot-Table-Report-Filters.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back