Rscottq

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey all,

I have an excel file with a Pivot Table. I have formatted a "date column" to custom numbers mm-dd-yyyy, and refreshed all data and sources. Yet my pivot table Filter (which is the date column from source table) continues to convert to dd-mmm or "12-Jan".

The desire is to have this display just as the source whereas it should read 01-12-2022. Please help save me from continuous research and scrounging. Your assistance is appreciated.

Scott

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hi Scott

Right-click on a date and ungroup the date field.

Upvote 0
Hi Scott

Right-click on a date and ungroup the date field.
It isn't grouped. I checked the source table and pivot table. Also, I've looked at alot of answers and I'm not even getting the standard results of right clicking a certain field as I've seen in the answers.

Upvote 0
It is my Filter on the Pivot Table. The source table is a list of candidates that have specified appointment dates. We will have multiple people on the same date. Then we are trying to use the pivot table to make a report from that data for a selected date. And the demand for that report is that it be in Portrait orientation with as few pages as possible. Because of that, we cannot use the sort feature directly on the source table.

Our source table is not that complex, and is the only existence for the workbook to begin with. It goes; date, name & #, Reference 1, reference 2, reference 3, reference 4, reference 5. That's it.

Thanks again for the help.

Upvote 0
Then move the date field into rows or column, ungroup, move it back into the filter.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back