Pivot table grouping

JimM

Hi
I've created two separate pivot tables which sit side by side on the same sheet. Although created separately they are both driven by the same data table. For both pivot tables the Row Label field is the date field.
On one pivot table I want each row to be individual dates but on the other I want the rows to be in months. Problem is when I group the second pivot table it's grouping the first one at the same time, if I then ungroup PT1 it ungroups PT2

How can I get the pivot tables to work independently of each other?

Thanks

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
In your excel file, use the shortcut Alt D comma P. This will bring up the pivot table wizard.

1611152617671.png

Now press next, and select your data for the pivot table and then select where you want to place it.

The final box will bring this up.

1611152755619.png

Select no, as you do not want to use the same cache data.

This should solve your issue!

Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks, problem is I'm using a data table for the source data not manually selecting the source data so I don't get the option to separate the pivot tables.

Is there a way round this as I want the PT to be dynamic nd auto expand to include new data lines as they are entered. I know I can select a larger source area but it's not a particularly elegant solution

Upvote 0
I see, possible solution maybe;

On the screen where you select the data range on the pivot table wizard, by using the short cut, instead of selecting a range, you can type in the name of the data table you have created as your source table.

Try clicking no again on the last step, and add a few more rows to the table and see if that works instead of highlighting a larger source area.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back