Pivot Table Grouping

flojo_work

Board Regular
Hello I have a piviot table that from one data set I have grouped the date data by month, I have then created another pivot table from the data set but I do not want the date data grouped , how do i stopboth piviot tables automatily changing to the set ive grouped

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
the problem is the pivot cache is shared between both pivot tables.
the best way i've found to get around it is too create the pivot tables with the old wizard, ALT D P

when you create the second pivot you will get a message warning you about file size and sharing the raw data you would click No in order to create a separate report which will no longer carry over the grouping from the first table.

Upvote 0
the problem is the pivot cache is shared between both pivot tables.the best way i've found to get around it is too create the pivot tables with the old wizard, ALT D P when you create the second pivot you will get a message warning you about file size and sharing the raw data you would click No in order to create a separate report which will no longer carry over the grouping from the first table.
Hi Weazelthank you for your reply but I'm using excel 13 i don't get a message when creating the pivot as you suggested

Upvote 0
you should, as long as you are creating the second pivot table from the same data

I tried it with both the first table created the with the newer one step wizard and both tables created with the old wizard and it prompted me both ways so I'm not sure.

make sure you are using the old wizard for the second table

ALT D P should bring it up

Upvote 0
you should, as long as you are creating the second pivot table from the same dataI tried it with both the first table created the with the newer one step wizard and both tables created with the old wizard and it prompted me both ways so I'm not sure.make sure you are using the old wizard for the second tableALT D P should bring it up
Thank you what i didn't realise that I had to make the first pivot table with set up wizard I have not got it working thanks for your help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back