Pivot table help...it's urgent, PLEASE

Kharyat

I have a pivot table that is showing data that is not on the source data? If I go to row heading 'date' it shows dates that do not even exist. How can I shut this off? I need to have 'show the items with no data' clicked...but why is it showing dates that are not there? anyone, please help me out!
Kharyat

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hi - welcome to the board!

My guess is that the data in the source range has changed. It is a "feature" of pivot tables that they remember previous classings etc. The only way to remove the vlaues is to re-create the pivot - refreshing will not do it.

paddy

Upvote 0
Thanks... well, I got this excel sheet from someone else. The creator tells me he change some of the source data but why is it still showing on the fields menu. I started doing a new excel sheet and he said that there is something that you can check that can make those dates go away. I know pivot tables are freaky and they remember data that is not there anymore... so I kept looking to see if I can find something that could perform that miracle. I guess I have to re-do this sheet.
Thank you for your help... I really like this message board! I hope I can help someone too :)
K

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back