Pivot Table Help

rgillson3

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm maintaining a list of vouchers, which I enter when the vouchers are issued and when the payment(s) are received.

I can adjust the filter to get the correct balance through a particular fiscal period.

But, I'm trying to generate a detailed list of invoices whose balances are not $0, with the "filtering". But, every time move the fields to show the invoice detail, the balance becomes incorrect.

Any ideas?

Sorry, but I don't understand what isn't working on the second image that has a Row Label hierarchy of FY Period > Invoice. There are no invoices shown with 0 balances.

I've been assuming that your field labeled "Total" is the Invoice BALANCE field since that's the only data field in the sample source data you showed. Do you have additional data fields? It's a different problem if you are trying to filter based on a field that isn't in the PivotTable report.

It appears I didn't convey the number of periods of information this PivotTable contains. I'm trying to "summarize" FY Period 01-10 thru the most current, which right now is 03-17. And, I want to match the total to a G/L account. If an invoice was originally created back in 01-15, and still has a balance owed, I want it to show up.

So, the values filter works great within each period. But, the only way I've found to summarize the current non-zero balance Invoices for all periods, is to perform the field move.

I believe that all of the necessary data fields are included in the PivotTable.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
If you can upload an example of your workbook to a sharing site like Box.com, then post a link, that will help.

Remove/ change any sensitive information.

Upvote 0
There maybe an issue in which the labels are ordered which will affect your hierarchy and the way filters and summaries are applied.
Jerry is one the forum's Pivot Table kings :cool:, so if has a clear understanding of the data you have and what you want he'll get you there. You might verify the version of Excel though. It can affect the specific instructions you may need for your desired results.

Upvote 0
There maybe an issue in which the labels are ordered which will affect your hierarchy and the way filters and summaries are applied.
Jerry is one the forum's Pivot Table kings :cool:, so if has a clear understanding of the data you have and what you want he'll get you there. You might verify the version of Excel though. It can affect the specific instructions you may need for your desired results.

I'm on Excel 2013 and ended up converting the file from a "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet" to a "Microsoft Excel Worksheet", in order to perform the value filter Mr. Sullivan recommended.

Things are a bit busy at work right now. I'll do some more digging to see if I'm missing something obvious. If I don't, I'll try to provide more information.

Thank you for your help so far.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back