Pivot Table keeps changing!

actjfc

Friends,

I have a database of buyers. They buy during all months different products A,B,C,D,E, and F. I would like to use pivot tables to analyze seller by page in a table that shows Months\Products.

Some buyer do not buy in some months, some buyers do not buy all products.

The size and shape of the table keeps changing if a seller do not buy during one month or not buy a particular product.

MY QUESTION:
How can I set up the pivot table to ALWAYS show the same size and shape of pivot tale with ALL months and ALL products in the headings regardless of the type of buyer?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
if you want all the sellers / products / months represented, independent of whether they appear in the data, then a pivot table is probably not the way to go - rather, set up the catgegories in advance & return the summaries with formulas.

Upvote 0
OK! However, I always think that if I cannot do something in Excel is because I do not know how to do it, not because it cannot be done.

I mean, pivot tables are powerful, and there should be a way to show all months and products regardless if the seller buys. Just for the sake of my knowledge, how can this be done using pivot tables? if so how?

Maybe, it is not worthy to do it this way, but I would like to know how this can be done.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back