Pivot Table Not Working - Bug in Workbook?

rwrat

I am having issues with pivot tables not working. When creating the pivot after I select the data to pivot and click on the 'Pivot Table' button no pivot table appears. I get may be a blank box that has no functionality. I've tried both options of creating the table in a new sheet or on the same sheet and neither works.

If I take the data into a completely new workbook it pivots fine. Is there a big in my workbook?

I am an expert user in that I know how to create and use pivot tables on a regular basis.

This issue is only happening in this one workbook that I am using and recreating for a number or different customers so it may be that I need to recreate from fresh however I wanted to check if there is something else I can do before doing this?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Welcome to MrExcel.

Don't you see the Pivot Table Field List Pane on the right hand side of Excel's window? That's where you choose what should appear in the pivot table.

Upvote 0
No there's nothing apart from a blank box and when I click on the blank box the normal things like the field selector or even the pivot section on the ribbon tool bar don't appear.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back