Pivot Table Option Greyed Out

srmorgan

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am suddenly having trouble with pivot tables.
I have a simple range, 20 columns by 660 rows, that is the source for my pivot table.
I have a simple pivot table, one row, two columns and the calculated fields option is greyed out. Same thing for more complex versions of the same pivot table.
I tried it with another, existing workbook and the same thing happened. I have a file dated 2 Sept with the option available and not greyed out.
I don't understand why I no longer have the option.

I am running Excel 2016 under Windows 10. My PC at work was recently upgraded to Windows 10 in late August.

Thank you

SRMorgan

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Did you have the option checked to add the data to the data model when you created the pivot table? If so, you can't create calculated fields, you have to create measures.

Upvote 0
Rory
Thank
I am not extracting data from an outside source if I read the data/ get data/ options correctly.
Is this a pivot table option?

SRM

Upvote 0
It doesn't have to be an outside source. When you first create a pivot table, at the bottom of the dialog that pops up is an option to add the data to the data model. If that is checked, it would explain what you are seeing.

Upvote 0
That was it, funny I never saw or used that option before and I have been using Excel for at least fifteen years.

Many thanks

SRM

Upvote 0
It didn’t exist until relatively recently. :)

Upvote 0
I had the same issue when issue the data model, you can't use calculated field like you use to but when using the data model , now you need to use the power pivot TAB and add a new calculated column. see the following video:

good luck.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back