Pivot Table Problem between 2003 and 2007 (and back again)...

Lidsavr

Help!

I have a file with multiple pivot tables in it. The file and pivot tables were created using Excel 2003. The file was opened in 2007 and was modified, but saved all along as a 97-2003 file to keep the data integrity for 2003 users in the company (while I was working on it). The only thing that was changed was some data was added to the "Raw Data" worksheet & the pivot tables were refreshed.

The modifications are done, but I am getting a compatability error on the pivot tables. The error says they were created as 2007 pivot tables. I know these were created in 2003, because my company is in the process of upgradeding to Office 2007 (I was recently upgraded) and I created the file using Excel 2003. I suspect that the program converted the tables when I opened the file (I can't think of anything else since the file still says "Compatibility Mode" on the Window bar at the top)

Is there a option in 2007 that I can set to tell the file that these are 2003 tables, or is all hope lost and I need to create a new file?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Lidsavr

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidneybc

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...