Pivot table query: "data" displayed horizontally

count von count

Hope I can explain my problem succinctly:

My data table has two columns of "values" (let's say deals and headcount), everything else is segmental analysis (e..g brand, country, branch, etc.).

So the "Row" fields in my PT are brand, country, etc. so all the branches in a brand / country are summed. I want my "data" to be deals and headcount but they appear one beneath the other in the PT. I want them to appear horizontally, as if the were "column" fields in the PT, but if I put deals and headcount in the Column field, what goes in the Data field?

Thanks for any help.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Can't quite follow what you're saying, but whatever fields you want to sum/average must be in the Data area. You then have the choice of dragging the Value headers to the Column area (which is what you have now by the sounds of it) or the Row area.

Which version of Excel are you using?

Upvote 0
The fields to sum are in the data are but appear one beneath the other, I need them to display side-by-side. Unable to post attachment to illustrate, sorry.

Upvote 0
Cracked it! By dragging the "Data" dropdown in my PT over the "Total" field, the data elements appear horizontally instead of vertically on the PT.

Upvote 0
FYI, you can also right-click the 'Data' header and choose Order->Move to Column (or Move to Row to put them back)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back