Pivot Table remove extra lines

SammiBoi

Board Regular
I generated a pivot table from my excel data set (roughly 100 fields and 1000 unique records and really should be an Access project in the future). After I have put all of the pivot table filters/creterias in, I will double click to drill down on certain things. I really don't need to see all of the information on the drilldown (ie: I really need about 10 of the 100 fields).

Is there a macro that would let me delete all of the unneeded columns after the drill down? Just to keep in mind, I might have to add a few more column in the data set so using the macro recorder to delete certain rows probably won't work for me.

Thanks
Sam

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Sam

If you don't want the data in the drilldown why is it in the pivot table?:confused:

Upvote 0
You are right, they probably shouldn't be in the pivot table. I kept them in the pivot table data set because it was easier to make the pivot table that way..... Furthermore, a lot of the fields are only for sorting purposes and are not useful to me after I run the drilldown.

This is why I want the macro to help me delete some of these columns.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back