Pivot Table Report - Won't Update

jherbst

I created several pivot table reports, based on a linked Access table. The original Access table had several hundred records with null values in one of the data fields.

I eleminated these records from the Access table and created the pivot table reports.

I have since updated the Access table to correct the records with null values, which in turn added the appropriate number of records to the Access table.

However, when I update the pivot table, these records do not appear. If I create a new pivot report, the records show up. The reports are fairly complex and I would perfer to not recreate the entire set of reports.

I am sure there is some way of correcting this issue, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks... :(

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I'm guessing here that you need to reselect the range that the pivot table is using. From the pivot table wizard, select "back" to take you to the range selection box.

I'm assuming this is the same as a normal excel file even though you have it linked to an Access table. (if not sorry)

Upvote 0
I appreciate your response, but...

It seems that when you link the pivot report to an Access table it grabs the entire table. You don't really select the range the way you would if you were creating the report from data contianed in an Excel worksheet.

Again, I appreciate you response...

Upvote 0
I haven't done this myself, but had a quick look and is it not just the same but you have to go back through the "get data" stage to link to the table in question.

Can anyone else confirm?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back