Pivot Table row data

David_UK

Hi guys,

I;ve just created a pivot table and in the first one, I was able to place 7 items in the row data section,

In the Column I have 2 items and in data I have 1 item once run the table is fine and is perfect for what i need, however,

I noticed an error in the source data so I deleted the whole thing and re-ran the source data from my database, and litterally did the same thing again, I even did a screen print so I could get the exact same layout, then when I ran the table it said that there are too many rows and excel cannot show all the data, try hiding rows etc...

Why did it work the first time and not the second? can anyone help please?

David.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Upvote 0
The message reads,

Microsoft cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least on row or column off the Pivot table, or to the page position. Alternatively, right click a field and then click hide or hide levels on the shortcut menu.

Thanks,

David.

Upvote 0
Refer to the posting titled "Too Many Rows/ Columns in Pivot Chart" posted by Duffymt. Hopefully that will shed some light on the subject.

Basically it is telling you that the combinations of things are resulting in more than 8000 occurrences of one of your column or row values (not that a particular value is being repeated, but that there are more than 8000 unique values.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back