Pivot Table - Show Details VBA - Multi Row and Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilous

Hello,

I need assistance, please!

I have an excel document that has multiple worksheets. On one of the worksheets, I have multiple pivot tables that are manually created, based on the data being used. The primary use for this document is to take a "Big Data" file and provide the "customer" with easy to read results.

My question is.... how do I create a macro to provide the details of a pivot from another worksheet.

Ex: Worksheet 1 provides details from Worksheet 2 based on the pivots that have been created. On Worksheet 1 it would show all the results of the Pivot totals. If I'm on Worksheet 1 and I double click the cell where the result...I would like to show the details that make up the total. So if Worksheet 1 shows 42, when I double click on that I would like to have a new sheet open with what is making up that total of 42.

I hope this makes sense, its hard to explain.

I have attempted to record the macro but it seems I need to record one for every click. I am hoping there is a VBA code that can just show detail based on the results being shown. If I click the 42 on Worksheet 1 I would like the Macro to know the location and then just provide the pivot details on what makes up that 42.

I've been working on this for days and I can't seem to figure it out. Please, experts, help me become better! file:///C:/Users/NStottlemyre/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

I have attached screenshots to help explain what I am trying to do.

Worksheet 1-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/va9teu0hm1tvn2i/Worksheet_1_(Analysis_Results).png?dl=0
Worksheet2-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/07lo9gm83ddrtie/Worksheet_2_(Pivots).png?dl=0

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Duplicate https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...details-vba-multi-row-column.html#post5234823

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread.
Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

Note that sometimes posts from new users require Moderator approval before you can see them on the public forums. When this happens, you should see a message to that effect when you try to post it.
Please be patient and do not attempt to post the question again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjwhyman

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...