Pivot Table - Show Details VBA - Multi Row and Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilous

Hello,

I need assistance, please!

I have an excel document that has multiple worksheets. On one of the worksheets, I have multiple pivot tables that are manually created, based on the data being used. The primary use for this document is to take a "Big Data" file and provide the "customer" with easy to read results.

My question is.... how do I create a macro to provide the details of a pivot from another worksheet.

Ex: Worksheet 1 provides details from Worksheet 2 based on the pivots that have been created. On Worksheet 1 it would show all the results of the Pivot totals. If I'm on Worksheet 1 and I double click the cell where the result...I would like to show the details that make up the total. So if Worksheet 1 shows 42, when I double click on that I would like to have a new sheet open with what is making up that total of 42.

I hope this makes sense, its hard to explain.

I have attempted to record the macro but it seems I need to record one for every click. I am hoping there is a VBA code that can just show detail based on the results being shown. If I click the 42 on Worksheet 1 I would like the Macro to know the location and then just provide the pivot details on what makes up that 42.

I've been working on this for days and I can't seem to figure it out. Please, experts, help me become better!
clip_image001.gif

I have attached screenshots to help explain what I am trying to do.

Worksheet 1-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/va9teu0hm1tvn2i/Worksheet_1_(Analysis_Results).png?dl=0
Worksheet2-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/07lo9gm83ddrtie/Worksheet_2_(Pivots).png?dl=0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Duplicate https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...details-vba-multi-row-column.html#post5234823

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread.
Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

Note that sometimes posts from new users require Moderator approval before you can see them on the public forums. When this happens, you should see a message to that effect when you try to post it.
Please be patient and do not attempt to post the question again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back