Pivot Table Subtotals - Not totalling correctly

Rothman

I have a 600 row x 241 column table of data that I am pivoting from. I have two sets of data fields that I am multiplying together to get a third set of fields. The subtotals for the "third" set of fields, which are grouped by another "row" field, are not summing correctly. One of the "source" fields is the result of using a VLOOKUP. The other "source" field is a calculated field. Does anyone have any ideas?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Yes, the subtotals are incorrect. The totals are coming in too high (e.g., where the result should be in the $Millions, the subtotals are showing $Billions).

Upvote 0
The incorrect results are occuring when the Field Settings are set to automatic. When I set the Field Settings to custom, the Total Row is still inserted into the Pivot Table, but there are no results displayed. This is perplexing as well. [/i]

Upvote 0
Can I email you a stripped down version of the file (I reduced the size and complexity substantially while maintianing the problem)?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back