Pivot Table to select a person with specific skills

jtaylo13

I am trying to set up a pivot table with names horizontally and skills they have vertically. I have their email addresses in the data field. I would like to be able to select a skill and receive a list of people who have that skill, which is simple for a pivot table, but the hard part is that I would like to then send an email to the people who have that skill.
Can someone help me retrieve a list from the pivot table of only the people who match the skills so I can then have excel send out an email to that list?

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
I haven't put them in to the pivot table, but for now I have linked them to the grand totals at the bottom. So right now, if you choose a skill, the people who have that skill will be in a horizontal list, However, for all the people who no longer are in the pivot table, because they don't have that skill, there is just an error in their cell.

Upvote 0
Have you tried putting them in the data field in the pivot table? I think you will find it's impossible. What do you mean by "there is just an error in their cell"?

If you double-click on the Grand Total (bottom right) Excel willl create a list of what's showing in a new worksheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back