Pivot table Unique dates

Misca

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is there a way to count the unique dates (or values) in the pivot table data? I can think of a couple workarounds to solve the problem but not without the limitations.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi, Misca. If you search old posts there will be examples; especially posts by me. regards, F

ps Or post a specific example

Upvote 0
Here is one example from a few months ago, http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376471 There are many others; there will be some variety amongst them. The approaches are usually quite specific to the question; so it usually is best to post a specific question. Still, if you search amongst a number of the old examples the general ideas should help you solve most similar questions. This (the above link) was a simple example.

Upvote 0
Hi, Fazza, and thanks for your help!

I had already figured out the "=1/countif(C:C,C2)" -workaround which works fine for simple datasets but my datasets have roughly 50 columns and the users usually change the pivot table layouts quite a lot when they analyze the data. This particular case has shipment data on it and the table is being used to identify shipments from certain zip codes to certain customers by months and the costs are being calculated on the Current Way vs Suggested Way. The "Suggested way" being a specific route on nightly bases - but only for those nights when there's been shipments to these certain customers. Shouldn't be that hard a task but it is because the data may have several shipments from here to there with the same dates and some days only shipments to certain places, not all of them.

I was thinking of coming up with a some kind of SUMPRODUCT-workaround before deciding to ask for people wiser than me for some advice. There's just too many possibilities to filter the data with so I thought maybe there's an easier way...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back