Pivot Table Update Question

DiscoPistol

Hi,

Its Saturday morning, raining, I'm at work and McDonalds forgot to put the Egg in my Egg McMuffin. I'll say that again. They forgot to put the Egg in my Egg McMuffin........!!

Anyway I was just wondering if someone could help me out with a problem I'm having with Pivot Table.

I have 2 tables on the same sheet. The plan is that when you change the field on the first table the field on the second table will change automatically and update the Pivot Table

I'm using code which basically looks like below and updates the field, but not the underlying data (on 2007)

PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotFields("Date").CurrentPage = PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("Date").CurrentPage

As always our help is appreciated.

Now I'm off to eat my processed cheese on burned muffin.......

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

DiscoPistol

Hi,

Its Saturday morning, raining, I'm at work and McDonalds forgot to put the Egg in my Egg McMuffin. I'll say that again. They forgot to put the Egg in my Egg McMuffin........!!

Anyway I was just wondering if someone could help me out with a problem I'm having with Pivot Table.

I have 2 tables on the same sheet. The plan is that when you change the field on the first table the field on the second table will change automatically and update the Pivot Table

I'm using code which basically looks like below and updates the field, but not the underlying data (on 2007)

PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotFields("Date").CurrentPage = PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("Date").CurrentPage

As always our help is appreciated.

Now I'm off to eat my processed cheese on burned muffin.......

Well I've just tried the Spreadsheet in 2002 and it works so it seems to be related to 2007. I wonder if I can pursuade the entire company to go back to a version that works.......

DiscoPistol

Well it turns out the company were less than willing to revert back to 2002 so the problems remains.

I did get a refund for my SansEggMcMuffin though

On Topic, has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasmita

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back