Pivot Table (with filter) Does Not Refresh

jbeanx80

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello!

I have a pivot table with two filters. The first filter encompasses multiple items denoted with an * at the end (M17002*), the second filter generally has a specific item (63266-A). Without the filters, the pivot table updates upon hitting the refresh button, however WITH the filters set, it does not. I have multiple sheets with the same pivot table format that feeds off of the same data. Is there a way to have the pivot table update?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Unfortunately to do what you want you either need to add a helper column to your data or move PN from the Page Filter position to the Row position.
In the Row position you can add a Label filter and select Begins With M17002

In the Page filter position your M17002* effectively filters what is available for selection in the drop down and puts a tick against what is available at that time.
When you add a new M17002 prefix value, it wasn't there at the time the previous action ticked it so it appears unticked in the refreshed pivot table.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately to do what you want you either need to add a helper column to your data or move PN from the Page Filter position to the Row position.
In the Row position you can add a Label filter and select Begins With M17002

In the Page filter position your M17002* effectively filters what is available for selection in the drop down and puts a tick against what is available at that time.
When you add a new M17002 prefix value, it wasn't there at the time the previous action ticked it so it appears unticked in the refreshed pivot table.
Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm still hitting a snag.

This time I left Spec on the Page Filter (63266-A), removed PN (M17002*), and added a label filter on my helper column in Row Labels to Begin With M17002. It seems like as long as I have the Page Filter, it won't let me update.

Is there a way in Label Filters, under "Contains," set multiple criteria (ie "M17002*" & "63266-A")?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Sadly you are going to have the exact same issue with the Spec field.
Your initial selection meant that "63266-A" would have captured all, but your added items have Spec as "FTOD/63266-A" which means that you need Contains or Ends With.
This is only available at the Row level under Label Filters.

Upvote 0
Is there another way to derive at the same results as I'm looking for?

Upvote 0
Only either have a helper column or put it in the Row area and use a custom filter.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back