Pivot Table Won't Update For Co-worker?

olimits7

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I've never come across this before, I have an Excel file with pivot tables on it; however, when my co-worker opens the file and tries to refresh the pivot it doesn't show the new data that it should update with. He then closes out the file and I open it and refresh and it working properly.

We have the same Excel version, permissions, etc. so I don't know why this isn't working for him. If it works for me, I don't there is an issue with the file.

Has anyone ever experienced this type of issue before? Anything I can try doing to fix this issue for him?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Nope, nothing. It looks like it refreshes normally but then when I look at the filter to check ON any new data it doesn't show; but then I do the same exact thing from my PC and it works fine...so strange.

Upvote 0
Yes, the data gets pulled from a file from an external link; however, he has access and same permissions to the same file on the network drive. We even tried having both files open at the same time on his PC and refreshing and nothing happens.

Upvote 0
Ok. Is the External Link that is being used set up with the full network path OR using the mapped equivalent?

Example:
Full
\\MainServer\Reporting Team\Reports\DataFile.csv

vs
Mapped
G:\Reports\DataFile.csv

Upvote 0
Yes, it's using a mapped letter drive and we're both mapped to the same letter (e.g. O:\ ). Ty for your help trying to figure this out.

Upvote 0
Maybe for testing sake, set it up as the full network path, just in case there is something a little wonky, even though you are both mapped to the same lettered drive.

The only other thing I would suggest is to check the Calculation settings, is it set to Manual or Immediate. Sometimes that can be changed by a Phantom.

I can't think of any other reasoning why it isn't refreshing the source data.

Upvote 0
Update: So I had him try to link the pivot to the "full" path and strangest thing it did not let him click the OK button to finish updating the link. He then closed out of the file and I went in and tried doing the same thing and it worked for me.

He's able to make other changes to the file (add / delete data) and save the file so I don't know why it's not letting him update the link location. I'm leaning towards some type of permissions issue but don't know where to look since he does have "full access" to this file.

Thank you!

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back