Pivot Tables - Excluding new items in manual filter

vbaNumpty

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am having an issue with some pivot tables I have created that pull from a query.

I have the field settings option for the product filter to NOT include new items in manual filter:
1629822828567.png

Despite this, when a new item enters the dataset that the PT is pulling from, it is adding new products to the filter when I am trying to exclude any new entries. How do I resolve this?

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
What are you referring to when you say that it is adding the new products to the filter? Which filter are you looking at?

For definitions sake, the "Include new items in manual filter" is for the individual columns of a PivotTable, as opposed to the Filters that are a part of the PivotTable's structure which are what is seen when you pull your column headers down to one of the 4 options (Filters, Columns, Rows, and Values) or above the PivotTable itself.

Upvote 0
What are you referring to when you say that it is adding the new products to the filter? Which filter are you looking at?

For definitions sake, the "Include new items in manual filter" is for the individual columns of a PivotTable, as opposed to the Filters that are a part of the PivotTable's structure which are what is seen when you pull your column headers down to one of the 4 options (Filters, Columns, Rows, and Values) or above the PivotTable itself.
When I say filter to Products I have selected the choose multiple options and select the 3 products I want the PT to display in the leftmost column. When new product enter the data fields that the PT is based off of it adds the new products to the PT when I don't want to include those.

Upvote 0
Yeah, so I'm thinking that it is not the correct filter of what is to be governed by that function you are trying to use. See the picture below.

pivot.PNG

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back