PivotChart - Stacked column and line chart issue

nielf

Board Regular
I'm trying to create a PivotChart that looks like this:

BhbY69y.png

However, since my data is organized like below I cannot find a proper way to do that.

7K3nTtF.png

IE8QG2E.png

And my chart ends up looking like this, where I have a line for each sales stage:

3Lp58xF.png

Is there any way I can sum the the perceived sales value, so that I only get one line and not a line for each sales stage or that not possible in a Pivot

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Have you tried using a stacked line for the perceived data and then formatting the first three lines to have no line?

Upvote 0
The only problem with the solution is the legend as it displays 'Stage 4 - perceived value'. I would like it to just display 'Total perceived value' or just 'Perceived value'.

vISFaJe.png

Is there anyway I can rename/customize the legend of a PivotChart? I've tried to just put in a blank space in the PivotTable. However, that also affects the legend for the column:

GNv8vGr.png

Upvote 0
Not as far as I know.

You might have to make a regular chart using the pivot table data in order to get the flexibility you want.

Upvote 0
Hi! I'm looking for a similar thing, trying to get a cumulative grand total line on a stacked bar chart. Seems like this solution could work for me but I don't understand how you got there! I am using a stacked line also but it is giving me only stacked lines for each series, not the total!

Upvote 0
Have you tried using a stacked line for the perceived data and then formatting the first three lines to have no line?
Hi! I'm looking for a similar thing, trying to get a cumulative grand total line on a stacked bar chart. Seems like this solution could work for me but I don't understand how you got there! I am using a stacked line also but it is giving me only stacked lines for each series, not the total!

Upvote 0
The grand total line is the same as the top series, since they are stacked.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back