Pivoting daily and static data together

CoeurDeLion

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone. Long time stalker, first time poster. I'm a bit brain dead right now and can't figure out how to solve a (probably simple) problem with pivot tables.

I'm using Excel on Office 365 and have created a file with two tables that come from different external sources. I'm using PowerQuery and am pulling data into the file's Data Model in some instances (there is more happening in the file, but this is the relevant stuff).

Table 1: Daily attendance file - every morning, I get an excel file from the front desk which I drop into a sharepoint folder and use Excel to connect to that folder and pull the latest data into a single table. Current have around 35k rows which only contains Employee ID, name and site

Table 2: Full staff list - This is also an external data source where I connect to a file that is created monthly (to update leavers and joiners) and has an entry for every member of staff in the company (contract and permanent) with additional static data such as title, level, department, etc. The Unique identified is of course the Employee ID.

I am currently generating a pivot that shows how many people from any particular department entered any particular building. I've just been asked to turn that whole number into a percentage of the total number of staff (which would change depending on whether there were other filters applied, such as department, manager, city, etc). I tried creating a consolidated range to pull the total population into the Pivot, but that renders my date grouping useless and doesn't work very reliably.

Does anyone here have any suggested approaches I could try to solve this? I have been trying to create a measure in DAX to do this, but I have yet to figure out how...

Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: I have posted this question in another Excel forum too, but have not yet had any responses there so posting here as well. Including link to other post for transparency Pivoting daily and static data together

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I managed to solve the problem myself. While I was creating a sample file to upload here, I realised it worked in the sample, so I just started afresh in the main file and got it working.

I can't upload a sample file for posterity in this thread, but I've added it to my post on the other forum (link below) if anyone is interested.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back